Hooked on large pots of soup lately. This particular one I found it to be very “winter comforting”.
- Green lentils
- Colored potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Add extra virgin olive oil to hot pot and proceed to adding soaked grains.
- Sauté and fill pot with water; half full.
- Add one onion and cut celery. Cover and bring up to a boil. Depending on amount of grains that you add, cooking time will vary from 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I usually add around 1 1/2 cups combined.
- Let it do it’s thing for about half hour and then add cut veggies. Add cabbage until half hour before it’s done since it cooks pretty fast.
- Before serving add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and add pepper flakes and lime for a little extra flavor.